Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing hard starts. It seems like i have to wait the 15 seconds for the fuel pump to prime the system in order for my disco to start. I didn't have this happening until i replaced the head gasket. I've replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter and I still have to wait to crank. I checked fuel pressure at the rail and discovered that i have 0 PSI with the engine off. while the fuel pump is priming I get a max of 32 PSI but steadily drops to 0 after the fuel pump stops priming. It holds about 28 PSI with the engine idling.

So my question is, is the fuel rail supposed to drop to zero PSI when the engine is not running or do I have something wrong?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm no expert on the subject, but the pressure should be closer to 38 psi than 32 and the pressure should hold for some time (30 minutes?). Can you smell fuel in the engine compartment? It's possible you have a leaky injector which means you'd have excess fuel in that cylinder. There's plenty on the net, just Goggle how to test for leaky fuel injector(s).

Cheers,

Pavel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.