Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was unlucky enough to buy the only year model RR that has had its fuel pump production discontinued! It's a 98 SE 4.0 and it requires the fuel pump with the stock number STC4345. However, several auto part retailers state that the Airtex E3270 fuel pump (equivalent to the STC4344 pump from earlier models) will fit. So I bought it and my mechanic informed me that it was "too short" and had the "wrong hookups." The STC4345 pump is $850 + and no one has it in stock - a minimum of a 1 - 2 month waiting period. Trouble is I have a wife and two young kids and they won't all fit on my Suzuki SV650 - my only other vehicle! Does anyone know if the STC4344 can be rigged to fit a 98 RR or if there is some other solution that can get my RR back on the road before pigs fly? Thanks everyone.

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
contact PT Schram

[email protected] he can get you one I'm sure. Good prices and great to deal with.

· Registered
4,797 Posts
The one shown in the pic is an STC4344.

It was available last week, I'm working on it, but it doesn't look good for our heroes.

I have two STC 4344s in stock, but I believe the 4345 may have an additional connector on top for the AEL system.

· Registered
4,797 Posts
"This part has been discontinued all brands and is no longer available for sale"

If there isn't one in existing stock, it doesn't look good.

The pump motor on the AEL Range Rover pumps is unique to that body style/engine/EMS and the standard Cheap Bastard pump motor replacement isn't suitable. There "Might" be a Chevrolet fuel pump motor that "might" be able to be used or modified.

This is very sad, it's not as though these are Deusenbergs for the love of God!

· Registered
4,797 Posts
I may have found one, might be a reman.

Looks like it will be about $350 plus shipping.

Whew, sometimes this job is harder than other times!

· Registered
68 Posts
What a blower!! I hope that mine holds out...

· Registered
1 Posts
STC4345 vs STC4344 fuel pump replacement

Hi. Several people in mention using the STC4344 in place of the extinct STC4345. Has anyone actually done this swap in a 98 P38? Does it work? What errors and issues with the truck running does it cause? I'm facing a brick wall if I can't get this fuel pump problem fixed. The pressure value in the plastic part of my STC4345 went bad so a pump rebuild kit is not going to fix my problem.

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
If any body is looking for answers on this, here goes. Stc4345 is not available. But stc4344 is available. But it's missing the fuel tank pressure sensor. I used a hole saw to cut the sensor out of the stc4345 and plumbed it into the 90deg outlet on stc4344. This fix works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts