Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst changing the entire fuel pump assembly on my 2005 Freelander, I opted not to get the LRT-19-009 tool and just tapped out the retaining ring, as many have said, with a large screwdriver and a soft mallet. Reinstalling the locking ring, though, proved nigh impossible. Despite properly aligning the pump, the ring would not engage unless someone with superhuman strength pushed down on the top of the pump, thereby compressing the seal, whilst simultaneously trying to screw on the locking ring. Working alone, I finally got the locking ring to engage, and tapped it a little tighter, but nowhere near as many turns as it took to take it off. Questions: Is there a potential problem lurking because of insufficient tightening? (I can't get it any tighter now without damaging the locking ring.) Has anyone had:frown similar problems re-installing the fuel pump? If so, how did you resolve it? Would use of the LRT-19-009 tool make re-installation easier, and, I hope, relatively ensure a proper fit? Is it all right to leave it the way it is? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.