Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am swaping out a fuel pump. The one on it died a sad death. It did not have the bowl on it. The one I scrounged up does. I put it on and it will only run as long as you pump fuel up to it. There is a small spacer between the pump and the plate that bolts to the block. Is this spacer suposed to be there with the original pump? It seems like the arm that strokes the pump is not operating.....

cheers!
Larry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope!

Thanks for the reply. The spacer was part of the replacement. For future ref. the spacer also requires longer bolts to mount. If you switch back then you have to put in shorter bolts. The spacer bolts will run to far into the block. Man I have to tell you this is so nice. I have been traveling the world riding taxi's and planes...... Winston made it back and forth to work 5 times now and is running pretty good. I really miss all my tools in Alaska......
:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blast furnace

I am here to tell you.... AC would be nice, but heck I love the truck so the pain is worth it. It is starting to cool off now. 41-43 or so. All my snap-on tools are in Alaska and I had to buy some China stuff here..... I work the oilfield and they have me here for a couple more years. Then put the rover in a box and send it home. Then I am going to be looking for a heater!!!! For now the suds sure taste good when I get home! :beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.