Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - am brand new to this forum, but am hoping to find that I am not crazy! Picked my car up from the shop yesterday for a pungent fuel smell. The dropped the tank and change the seal at the top of the tank and sent me on my way. Car still reeks of gas smell after driving. We did notice the when we changed the gas cap ( just trying random things in hopes of a fix) that the flapper valve inside the fuel filler neck is only partially showing. I cannot find anything online whether this is an important piece, if it should be fully closed or open or what on earth this fuel smell could be coming from. Gas is not leaking and car is driving great.

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
Did you have any luck I'm having the same issue. Changed with a brand new gas cap & still the same issue. It seems to be coming from the right rear of the car but its also getting into the cabin. Only smells after driving no smell in the morning until the first drive.

· Registered
2 Posts
dont know if this applies

I just had my 14 RR s/c in for same problem. they replaced the DMTL pump. It was also throwing evap leak code as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.