Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find all fuse box locations (i.e. under steering wheel, under hood behind battery box, etc.) for my 2000 Land Rover Disco II.

Can anyone help? This is a little frustrating w/o the Owner's Manual. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
This is a scarey request. I would suggest to anyone who owns a vehicle to spend a little time under the hood and dash so they can take care of minor problems when they come up, especially a 4wheeler. That being said, it is under the hood behind the battery on the passanger side of the truck.
What is it that you are looking for?
Mike J.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just purchased yesterday Mike. Electrical problems = Electrical problems, I guess I don't understand your 'especially for a 4wheeler' comment. Could be an economy car having minor problems. I'm an ASE certified mech. A lazy one, knowledgeable of the fusebox located in the engine compartment, but not wanting to tear the dash apart looking for the 2nd one (if existing), until the owner's manual arrives later this week.

The moonroof, is not working. The motor doesn't attempt to move it. Thought I'd check fuses.

Also, cruise control, the light on the dashboard button lights up when depressed, but cannot engage the cc by pressing or pulling the +SET button on the steering wheel. Maybe the servo, I believe the speed sensor is OK, because the speedometer works fine. Not sure what's up

When TC engages, I hear a clicking noise in the LF wheel. Sounds like a relay or sensor of some type, but I wouldn't think that it should click. Maybe I'm wrong.

Any feedback you can provide is appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
On the European models these are as follows:
The main fuse board is located under the steering wheel under a cover that can be released by two half-turn screws
The fuse number for the sunroof (as its called in europe) is number 12 and is rated at 30amp. The cruise control fuse is number 30 on the same board and is rated at 20amp. This fuse also protects the electric mirrors, rear screen washer and diesel ECU.
You obviously know the location of the fuse board under the hood, and there is another under the driver's seat just for seat electrics

Here are two good sites to try for technical information including a complete wiring diagram for free download. (carsoft site under downloads section)
www.carsoft.co.il
www.disco2.com

·
Registered
523 Posts
gdom88:
Try www.roversland.com for the original owners manual with the leather binder.They usually have a couple of them (used) in stock.If not,try www.books4cars.com these people sell them brand new,also in the leather binder.It's always very helpful to have the vehicle's owners manual so you can read all the little details and get familiarized with the car in a better way.
Thanks,
Carlos :wave:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John and Carlos, Thanks for the + feedback. The cruise control fuse is OK, and has 'juice' going to it. Same with the moonroof fuse. I'm going to check at the switch for the moonroof and see if there is electricity making it to the switch.

For the cruise control, I'm a little confused.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cruise control

I had the same problem on a Disco and found the elect plug on the brake switch hanging loose . Maybe a good place to look

1 - 7 of 7 Posts