Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered an autogas conversion on my 300tdi. Apparantley they have already done this conversion to 3 of LR own vehicles and all is well. The system is fully guarnteed. What do you all think. By the way it's bloody expensive. But I am doing about 25,000 miles a year so it would pay for itself within less than two years (as long as my engine doesn't blow up)

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
We had two White diesels, 16 cylinder, 785 Cubic inch PER cyl. driving 1.2 megawatt generators. They were originally built as diesels, but converted to run on natural gas (90%) but still needed diesel fuel for compression ignition (10%) They only ran at 660 RPM, but both had over 10,000 hrs, without a major overhaul. Oil was changed regularly, though it looked pretty damn clean for a diesel. Valves, heads and rings were never carboned up at all. Virtually smoke/soot free. If you didn't feel them running, you could almost forget they were there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.