Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone paying for there fuel around the world? I know we get screwed here in the UK but it's stupid money and only going to get worse. My last fill up cost me £70 (about $110 i think) and I was paying .96pence per litre $6.5 a gallon) I fill up two to three times a week in my 110. Once a week in my Disco and twice in my van. Total £350-420 per week ($525-650). How can we carry on like this.

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
I just filled up my DII for $53
We are at roughly $2.70/gallon, depending on where you live

With the hurricane, it's anticipated prices will rise considerably over the short term. Still not UK levels, but still frustrating

· Registered
492 Posts
A price rise has been announced for UAE, at the moment we are paying approx 1 Euro a Gallon (don't use litres here but Imperial Gallons - throwback to British rule) that is about $1.2.

Problem is the refining capacity is unable to handle demand and oil is exported to elswhere for refining then re-imported as gasoline :rolleyes:

· Registered
363 Posts
Aloha

I just back home from vacation. I know that the governor put a cap on the price of gass here in Hawii.( the cap did not include the tax) I still need to go pass a gas station to see what the price is. I think it is over $3.00.

· Banned
527 Posts
BIRD said:
I just back home from vacation. I know that the governor put a cap on the price of gass here in Hawii.( the cap did not include the tax) I still need to go pass a gas station to see what the price is. I think it is over $3.00.
If Bush would zip tie his pockets a little shorter, gas might come back down to $2/gal

· Registered
734 Posts
$2.79 gal here in dallas............Waiting for the Katrina backlash...DOH ! :homerthum

· Registered
641 Posts
I just got a deal at 2.56 for 87 in southern NH, the station just up the road was 2.89 for 87. I didnt even look to see what 93 was. :bawling: Think I'll be doing that SVO diesel conversion soon

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
macdon2000 said:
Thats the eqvilent of 40 pence a litre!! I'm stunned how cheap gas/petrol is in the US. I knew we were payinf alot but...
That's your government looting the fruits of your labor thru taxation, and redistributing wealth and resources.

Vote 'em out,,,or throw 'em out !!!

· Registered
492 Posts
Announced in today's newspaper fuel prices are to be increased today at midnight in UAE

Special 6.25 Dhs Gallon ($1.70)

Super 6.75 Dhs Gallon ($1.84)

Diesel 7.70 Dhs Gallon ($2.10)

It is also stated that fuel prices may even increase to 8.85 Dhs Gallon ($2.41) by year end :eek:

Time to invest in Biodiesel

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The others are just as bad

SCSL said:
That's your government looting the fruits of your labor thru taxation, and redistributing wealth and resources.

Vote 'em out,,,or throw 'em out !!!
No british party will ever lower fuel prices by and significant amount they want our tax to much. They are now talking about taking tax off fuel and getting rid of car tax and implenting a pay per mile option. The busier the road at peak times the more money you pay. If I heard right they are talking about up to £1.30 ($2)per mile for peak roads etc. I am just in the process of starting to produce my own diesel from used vegtable oil. The system start up costs are high but I will be able to produce fuel for about .60pence per litre ($4/gallon) with all duty paid and 80% less emissions. :clap:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
llesra said:
In Greenwood Village, CO prices are as follows:

$2.69 for 85

$2.79 for 87

$2.91 for 91
I don't ever recall seeing 85 octane in the east (or anywhere in the US) Is that a no-name brand, or one of the big guys? Is there a connection between the octane and the altitude?

BTW, yesterday, 12 miles up the road in Massachusetts, Citgo was 2.69 , 2.79 & 2.89 for 87,89 & 91. The Mobil just up the road has .05 off wednesdays so I'll tank up the 110 today. My F250 took $75 yesterday and didn't peg the 2nd tank.

· Registered
317 Posts
Heh,
Went up $0.22 a gallon here yesterday...now $2.94 for regular 87 octane. On the news they said the hurricaine might impact prices in a few days...heh, how about a few minutes?
Well, at least dubya's retirement fund is ok...

Bogatyr

· Registered
444 Posts
I was watching the 11 pm news last night and they were showing gas stations around here that were out of reg. unleaded, they are saying that the prices should drop in a few days.... it seems to be perfect timing as well, the news reported last week that the gas prices would sky rocket this weekend for the Labor Day holiday and then go down again after and it seems to have gone up... how low will it get though

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
llesra said:
In Greenwood Village, CO prices are as follows:
I just moved to Greenwood Village from Castle Rock.
Let's go wheelin' Saturday! I can't make the Solihull trip up to Blanca so I'm going to Caribou w/ one or two other rigs. PM me if interested.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Jonesy said:
I found an old receipt the other day, coincidently the same month last year! I paid $1.97 for Premium....yesterday it was $2.98
That's funny. Yesterday, when I filled my pickup, I grabbed the receipt, which I usually don't bother with. Later that day, I also found a receipt, from the same station , dated 12/04/04, and it was 1.79 (regular)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.