Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
This brings up a question I have. After Bbuying an 02 disco then pulling up to fill the tank i realized it calls for Premium on the fuel door. Wasn't expecting that. Any Disco II owners have any experience running midgrade or regular?

· Registered
150 Posts
Diesel is around where I live is about $7.50 to $7.70 dependant on the supplier

· Registered
150 Posts
Badger1 said:
Only $2.33/gal for premium here in Louisville,KY.
:eek: :eek: :complain: :complain:

But that's only £1.33 a gallon!!!!!!!

And you're complaining!!!!

· Registered
150 Posts
Buckle said:
and no jokes about southerners!

Would I????

'66 Light-Weight??????

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Bush Tucker Man said:
:eek: :eek: :complain: :complain:

But that's only £1.33 a gallon!!!!!!!

And you're complaining!!!!

Hell no I'm not complaining about that price! Just the opposite. Now if I had to pay UK prices.....then I would be complaining. You guys are getting robbed. Maybe we chould send old Georgie boy over to your country for awhile, it would get him out of our hair and maybe he would lower the petrol prices for you. Sound like a deal? :D

· Registered
39 Posts
I should explain - I bought the lightweight in good faith and it is registered as a 1966 vehicle. And yes I know they didn't start making them until 1968. And no it isn't some unheard of leaked out prototype - its actually a series 3. But it has the right words on the V5 and the right letter on the registration plate :clap:

Result :drink1:

· Registered
150 Posts
Badger1 said:
Maybe we chould send old Georgie boy over to your country for awhile, it would get him out of our hair and maybe he would lower the petrol prices for you. Sound like a deal? :D

No we've got enough putting up with his pet Poodle (sorry, our Prime Minister)

Buckle said:
I should explain - I bought the lightweight in good faith and it is registered as a 1966 vehicle. And yes I know they didn't start making them until 1968
Fair enough, but I'd still be a bit wary if any knowledgable Bobby starts looking it over, re; tax exemption status

I had a 1969 2A Light-Weight, but mine was registered on release as a 'W'. I didn'thave it long so never sorted out any exemption for it.

· Registered
39 Posts
Bush Tucker Man said:
No we've got enough putting up with his pet Poodle (sorry, our Prime Minister)

Quite and when he went over the pond he sent back again!

Fair enough, but I'd still be a bit wary if any knowledgable Bobby starts looking it over, re; tax exemption status

Knowledgable Bobby?!?! Are there any? or do you only get them oop north?
I just know thats going to spark off the southerner jokes............

I had a 1969 2A Light-Weight, but mine was registered on release as a 'W'. I didn'thave it long so never sorted out any exemption for it.

· Registered
707 Posts
FelixLockhart said:
Not sure about the DIIs, but my DI runs like ass on anything other than Premium, and it definitely doesn't like ethanol mixtures.
Does yours call for premium? i run mine on regular 24/7 and its fine...? my fuel door nor dash have anything stating premium? just unleaded

· Registered
68 Posts
$8.24 in Essex, England

Badger1 said:
Hell no I'm not complaining about that price! Just the opposite. Now if I had to pay UK prices.....then I would be complaining. You guys are getting robbed. Maybe we chould send old Georgie boy over to your country for awhile, it would get him out of our hair and maybe he would lower the petrol prices for you. Sound like a deal? :D
I'd rather pay $8.24 thanks!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Premium is finally down to around $2.90 a gallon here in the San Francisco Bay Area... which is still high compared to most parts of the US, but better than any part of Europe...

· Registered
188 Posts
It's about 1.35 Euro a liter on the economy. Exchange rate equals about $1.65 USD for premium. At 3.3 liters to a US gallon, that's $5.44 a gallon. I fuel on the post at $2.90 per gallon. The military tries to keep up with the average continent scale, but the cost of living allowance is being dropped by $300 per month in January. We gotta pay for the war somehow...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.