Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this group, i live in the Latrobe Valley Victoria, am currently restoring a 1951 80" called stubby, (many stubbies consumed during restoration), and i also have a 1949 side plate 1600 as the next project, if i live that long. I am a self employed mechanic, with many years playing with these lovley beasties. I look forward to talking to other like minded landaholics.

Mark. (myoldlandy) :drink1:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome Mark wish I had one of those lovely landies do you have any pics of them????

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
series 1 restorations,

Hi Adam,

I can post a few of stubby which is about 50% finished, Stubby still requires the guards, bonnet & doors to be O/Hauled, The engine has been dismantled to check on viabilaty as a re build, a new electrical loom to be fitted, brake pipes & master Cyl. The chassis, steering, suspension, rear tub, floors & seat box, front drive line, fire wall & gear box are finished. The 1949 side plate 80" is in a dismantled pile of bits (this is how i got it) It is about 90% compleate, and it will be a full rebuild, with a retro fitted truck cabin and semephore indicators which i got out of the UK. Stubby will be used as a work shop run-a-bout for my automotive business, I know where there are a few series 1's if you are keen to spend the rest of your natural life slaveing over a restoration project, Stubby has been 15 Years on & off in the making, more off than on mostly, but a lot of fun never the less.

Mark :drive:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would love a series 1 but I would'nt rebuild it to the factory spec's as I do alot of driving so it might be a waste of a good series 1 that someone else might have wanted

Adam :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts