Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rave manual refers to a spacer placed under the gear knob (automatic gearbox) in section 76.25.01. I have my console apart to fix a few things and there was no spacer there. I assume it's not the black tube that trims the lever itself.

Is this spacer for real? Referring to a 2000 model with 4.0 V8. If it is real, could one of you kind folks measure the thickness so I can fabricate one?

Thanks,

· Registered
1,166 Posts
The Rave manual refers to a spacer placed under the gear knob (automatic gearbox) in section 76.25.01. I have my console apart to fix a few things and there was no spacer there. I assume it's not the black tube that trims the lever itself.

Is this spacer for real? Referring to a 2000 model with 4.0 V8. If it is real, could one of you kind folks measure the thickness so I can fabricate one?

Thanks,
I'm not finding your reference. In the automatic gearbox section of my RAVE, I see no spacer, and I don't remember any spacer when I had mine apart. Out of curiosity, what page number in RAVE are you referencing?

· Registered
37 Posts
I think it's the black tube that you mentioned. I was under the console of my 2000 and found the same thing, and nothing else that even looked like a spacer.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I now there there should be one, because when reinstalling the shift knob last night, it seemed like the plunger first encountered the shifter with the knob about 1/4 inch above the tube. If you push the thing all the way to the tube, the plunger is pushed so far up there is little motion left in the release button.

Next time I'm at the pick and pull, I'll look closely at the cars there. I need a shifter bezel anyway as 2 of the 4 pins on mine are broken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.