Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1974 2 1/4 ltr defender 110, and I'm wondering if the five speed box from an sd1 rover v8 will go into mine to replace the four speed? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
Box

If you vehicle is a 1974 is will be a 109 not a 110 but not to worry.
I think ashcrofts do a conversion to fit the sdi box to a 4spd transfer box,but if I where you I would look for a landrover LT77 5 spd box complete with transfer box as the lt77 is the very same box as the car but different ratio.You can pick a good un up for 2-300 quid and it will drop straight in with no messing about only the clutch plate will need to be swapped.Feel free to contact me for further advice.
Cheers ONz

·
Registered
97 Posts
landyman140 said:
i dont know personally, but can recommend ashcrofts as a few friends have used them and had very good service from them.....

following on from my thread (gearbox problems) i could be needing them soon as well...

cheers,

rob.
Landyman....do you have a link to Ashcrofts,ive heard they are good,are they uk based....if so can you give me a link to a spain outlet here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.