Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have range rover sport 2004 its only happened last to morning's can wont start radio wont come on but all lights on dash come on when I turn the key you can hear the doors trying to lock
Any help Appreciated

·
very disco
640 Posts
wasn't the range rover sport introduced in 2005?

sounds like IPC failure. try gently knocking on the IPC or the dash pad above it.

when the car is doing that, are the hazard lights flashing? you'll probably have to step outside and check

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sry 2007 hazard lights flashing when u turn the key plus the doors are trying to lock
All lights on dash come on ok
It seems if the radio does not light up it will not start will not even turn the engine over
Go back out 10 mins later she will give up go back out again nothing
Can I asked what a IPC is
Cheers

·
very disco
640 Posts
Your gauge cluster. That is the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only getting back to u now took it to a friend who works for land rover it seems to be a faulty chip in the clocks he says can be fixed at around £250
Worst case scenario new clocks around £800
Once again thank you very much for all your help

·
very disco
640 Posts
do you have a nanocom?
I purchased a used gauge cluster for $80USD on eBay and programmed it with my nanocom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont no but the guy is saying £250 so for that price I will let him do it as I wouldn't no where to start

·
very disco
640 Posts
i tried to use Turner Diagnostics over there in the UK. i would not recommend them though, they don't seem to give two shits about anybody, or at least that's what my experience was. they do offer RRS IPC repair and i believe it was less than 250GBP, and i had read online that people had much success with their cluster repairs. your mileage may vary, being as you live there and i'm across the way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts