Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
So what are your plans for her??
Do you do alot of wheeling, or are you going to dress her up for the street?
Mike J.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Nice rig!!!!!! I see the mod bug bit ya...what are you doin to it?

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to get her ready for some wheeling (She'll still be a daily driver, through). :buttrock:

First thing I did was order some DBA rotors all around. I needed new ones, so I thought I might as well go for the "Gucci" rotors...

Next step is to install a hitch/recovery points.

My first big mod will be some 265/75/16 BFG AT's and an RTE suspension.

Just need to keep it out of the shop...she is awaiting the tow truck as I write this. This will be three times in the last month... :complain: I still love the truck, though...

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funrover said:
Was is going on with it?
Got a check engine light the other day - it threw the following codes but was running fine until today. This morning I started to drive and it started running rough and felt like it wasn't getting enough air flow...

P1590 - ABS rough road signal circuit malfunction - Hardware is OK, but SLABS ECU is sending an error signal

P1668 - Engine anti-theft signal circuit high - Serial link open circuit

P1415 - Secondary air system fault bank

We'll see...

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
That is a real bummer.....Funny how some problem go away with mods though!!!! LOL it's like the rover has a mind of it's own!! :D Keep us updated!

· Registered
188 Posts
bernardmann said:
Just need to keep it out of the shop...she is awaiting the tow truck as I write this. This will be three times in the last month... :complain: I still love the truck, though...
I know the feeling. Black is a nice color but oh so hard to keep nice. Good luck with getting your truck squared away and with the mods. Mark this as the end of those days when you had money, cause now you're gonna want to spend it all on the truck.
:cool:

4,346 Posts
Monty said:
I know the feeling. Black is a nice color but oh so hard to keep nice. Good luck with getting your truck squared away and with the mods. Mark this as the end of those days when you had money, cause now you're gonna want to spend it all on the truck.
Agreed 200%!!!........what are all these overdraft notices I keep getting :dunno: :bawling: :bawling:

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
JC quit showing all these great rovers.....I am trying to be good.......

What am I talking about....POST AWAY :D

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
01001010 said:
My friend, If you're going for a winch bumper anytime soon...how'bout a SafariGard...I think they look amazing on DIIs...not to mention they are sturdy and you can order with with a skidplate right on them...
x2 ! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
01001010 said:
My friend, If you're going for a winch bumper anytime soon...how'bout a SafariGard...I think they look amazing on DIIs...not to mention they are sturdy and you can order with with a skidplate right on them...

I have looked at the SG bumpers, but am leaning toward an RTE with the A-Bar. I'm not a big fan of the full brush guard bumpers. I love the look of the SG bumper itself and would buy one if they made one with an A-bar or something similar.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Monty said:
Thanks Mike. I remember the "mod bug" feeling from my younger years tuning up my VW GTI...but now that I'm older, why not go big with modding a Rover... :cool:

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
01001010 said:
Here's one fitted with the ARB Bumper and a Rack...

That's Clay Templeton's Disco from DWeb, right? I love those powder-coated wheels. Before I saw that pic, I wasn't sure whether to do it to mine, but after seeing it, there's no doubt in my mind -- I'm doing it...

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
SWEET Truck.....I have a weakness for black Discos......I had 2 black Disco's and the first mod was to peal the letters off the hood on both....looked GREAT.
PS. Don't stop for a photo op. on the crest of steep fluffy dune trails that noboby has been on in a few months. :eek:

4,346 Posts
bernardmann said:
That's Clay Templeton's Disco from DWeb, right? I love those powder-coated wheels. Before I saw that pic, I wasn't sure whether to do it to mine, but after seeing it, there's no doubt in my mind -- I'm doing it...
I got it from the DII Dweb gallery but didnt look at the name so you're probably right

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.