Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help, I have a 3 door freelander and i can't get the back off...easly i.e with out a 15 min war with the car. Im shoor im not doing it right as it just so alqared, can anybody Help me or is it realy ment to be this hard

Dave

Thanx :beer:

·
Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other spor
259 Posts
Do you have the roof rails installed? It is possible to remove it w/ the roof rails on, but it is SO MUCH EASIER to take them off. Just pop the plastic cover at the front of the roof rails, and use a Torx t-40 bit to take out the four bolts holding it on. Once that's off, just undo the two latches in the front, and the two levers in the rear, and lift straight up, and off. You might have to rotate the rear end a little up and towards the front to get the front clips off. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's easy to remove the roof without the rails off...well ok...maybe not "easy" but doable.

1. Open rear gate. Stand facing opening.
2. Undo front latches.
3. Undo rear latches.
4. Press UP on top of hardtop until back latches pop out.
Heres where it gets tricky...
5. Angle the rear part of the hardtop to the left so that it clears the left side.
6. Drop the back down.
7. Change grips at this point so you right hand is on the bottom edge of the right side, left hand is on the back middle.
7. Twist the whole roof clockwise so that the back right comes towards your knees and left. The back left goes up and right.
8. Back out and under the rear roofrack bar.

Only thing I dont like about this method is I get some marks on the right rear headrest sometimes.

Hmm...should take a video of this. I got it down to about 3 minutes.

Can put it back in by myself too.

Only reason I figured out how to do this was I was helping a friend move some stuff from a storage locker and he forgot the key and me and 2 other guys were standing around bored so we worked at it to amuse ourselves while he drove to get the key.

·
Registered
8 Posts
roof

hi ive an 05 freelander without the roof bars and find it quite easy to remove thr roof , i do however find it harder to put back as it takes a lot of pressure to get the roof back into the slots , hope this helps :beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.