Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting a Discovery soon..Any advice????

Hello all, I'm finally going to be making the jump. I'm going to finally get my dream truck...A Disco. I'm looking for a used 03 but may settle for a 02. I just wanted to ask the LR pro's out there, is there anything I should be looking for before I buy? I will be buying from a dealer. Any advice and help would be great.....Thank you all for your time.

Freezing in Connecticut...Motomike :wave:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Motomike 22:
Always look for leaks.Even though there's a big chance that because of the years you're looking after,most of the things will still be under warranty,and I doubt that they might have the "dissapearing coolant syndrome" due to blown gaskets,a common thing among them and big cause of leaks too.I posted some rare colors/models Disco ll's,so give them a look.Also for the most equipped ones,as the extra accesories are quite expensive if you're going to buy them afterwards.
Carlos

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dream car is now my nightmare.

Sooooooooooooooo many problems. I am a dissapointed man. I should have just bought something simple without all the electronics and fancy crap.

I have no confidence anymore in my car. Leaks all over the place oil, diesel, air. vibrates and certains revs, does not change gears smoothly, I could go on

So to dissapoint, but just though I would tell you the flip side of what some discos can be like

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got one that is perfect

If you have any interest in a 2004 HSE, I have got one with 15,000 miles. No problems, all maintenance. It is Zambezi Silver with Alapaca leather. Loaded to the gills with Nav, Parktronic, DVD entertainment, running boards, factory rubber mats, plus more. Also, in factory warranty until 12/29/2007. Also has free maintenance for 50,000 miles.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you want more info. I have some pictures I can email you. It is a super nice car, but I can't keep my 98 Range Rover and the Disco, so it is easier to sell a 2004 car with 15K than a 1998 with 113K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts