Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody got a good way of putting ep90 into the filler/level hole of any transmission component? I try to do it with squeezy bottles, but most of it just ends up going down my arm......

·
Registered
317 Posts
nid,
For the tranny, I find it easiest to remove the LH floorboard. I've got a funnel with a hose that is about 14" long. This gets inserted into the fill hole, hold the funnel and fill that with 90wt. For the transfer case, I'll pull the center seat cover and do the same thing from there. I'll only use those squeezy bottles for the swivel housings and the diffs...they are just too fiddly to fill the tranny...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought a proper Gear Oil Gun. It looks like a regular grease gun but has no pump handle. In effect, it is a big seringe. Suck about a 3/4 quart of oil into the thing then push it back out the hose by pushing the handle back in. Works best if you stick the hose in the tranny fill hole first mind you. :D

Greg S

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
My Landy has a big round hole on the plate covering the G-box (with a round plasic cover for the hole) this corrosponds the filler hole.

I have a piece of normal garden hose of about 2 foot with a funnel at the one end.
Take of the plasic cover, undo the bolt, insert hose, chuck oil bown the funnel
Put back togeter again.

Easy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a pump that mounts on top of a 5-gallon bucket. I've tried a lot of ways over the last few decades, and this is the best device I have found. Second best is a pressurized garden sprayer. Or you can use a hose on the squeezy bottle and fill from inside the vehicle by removing the cover under the middle seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.