Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale, my genuine LR Safety Devices roof rack basket (only). I recently had a new basket made to accomodate a roof top tent, and no longer need the other basket that came with my rack. This basket has been previously customized by me, I cut about 2.75" out of the height of the mid section of the basket to make it overall shorter and to lend a better all around look to the truck. Everything was welded and powercoated accordingly about a 18 months ago. The basket is in excellent shape. No rust or chipping. Coating is in very good shape. My truck is garaged and only driven sporadically in the winter. Pics of the shortened rack are here:

$1000 firm for the basket. Located in MA (USA). You pickup or make arrangements for shipping. I will deliver to any event I may be attending in the next year(Solihull, MAR, etc.), or work with you to find a way to deliver it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
'fraid can't buy the basket, but wanted to compliment you on your rig. it looks awesome! :clap: i'm gonna save the pics because that's ultimately what i want my 90 to look like. btw, how'd you go about adding the second fuel tank? your's is the first i've seen with that adaptation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliments. :drink1:

The second tank was designed by bwoverland.com. Essentially, it sits under the passenger seat/foot well, without cutting out the cubby box like you have to do on the euro tanks. It's aluminum, made by a boat builder. Carrys about 7 gallons and is plumbed into the main tank with a fuel pump (if you look hard in the snow pic, you can see the silver of the tank). Works well for my needs.

If you would like more pics, feel free to let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I will have to go and pay them a visit the next time I'm in Kittery. My son is stationed at the Portsmouth Shipyard, or, more to the point, on one of the cutters out of there. They're in port till their next extended patrol, in July so he was out crusing around and discovered them. In fact I believe he's planning on leaving his XD with them next patrol to have some work done.

I'm seriously considering the 2.8, though recently put a new 4.2 in my 110. What was your first impression when you picked it up and drove it? Pleased or dissapointed with the speed/acceleration? I'm more interested in stretching my miles between fills, from the 260 ish to the 450 mile range. I really don't enjoy lugging 4-5 jerry cans. Is your 90 a '97? Does it shift like it did with the 4.0? (assuming it is a '97) That's another thing I wouldn't mind changing.An R380 is tender and I have always felt that an auto is better suited to awkward situation driving, as much of offroading can be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a '97 with original auto. It's torque-y and it probably doesn't help that I boosted the fueling and power a bit by modifying the fuel pump. My impression is that it's a great engine. Reliable, strong and pulls very nicely for an overweight truck like mine. I kept the original trans, so the shift points are not smooth and it is not as efficient as it could be. When this trans quits, I'll go to a tdi ZF trans, or when I get tired of the choppy shifting. But i can do 75+ on the highway. And it's a joy offroad.

I think you'll get more mpg out of the R380 by far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.