Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with adding oil pressure/oil temp gauges? I'm trying to see what model of Glowshift Guage Pods is most compatible with our trucks? (besides the universal Pod)?

I've been banned from the other forum for no reason. So I cannot add to the forum.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I didn't get a reply so I just bought whatever Pod Pillar looked like it would fit. Hopefully it works and these gauges are not too hard to install.

·
Super Moderator
2,017 Posts
Best of luck with your install.

it’s highly unlikely that you would be banned from any forum for “no reason”

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best of luck with your install.

it’s highly unlikely that you would be banned from any forum for “no reason”
Wrong. Here are the facts.

1) I signed up using the same user name WLADiscoII99.
2) I received a lifetime ban for "no reason specified".

This forced me to sign up using fake names. Which led to me being banned again and again. That guy ArmyRover did it. He wants to isolate me to this forum and will not respond to my emails. Each ban had the same reason "no reason specified". In other words - no reason.

·
Super Moderator
2,017 Posts
I don’t think any of us care about your woes and dealings with another forum

·
Super Moderator
2,017 Posts
Please refrain from griping about another forum and PLEASE stay on topic

·
very disco
640 Posts
not only that, but considering what i know about your behavior on this forum and my interactions with army rover, i don't see that as a viable explanation of events.

·
very disco
640 Posts
There is one of those oil pressure gauges in my parts truck. It’s a mess under the hood on account of it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The gauges take some work to install - they are not plug and play. You need 2 sensors and somewhere to install them.
I purchased the "sandwich" adapter that screws into the oil filter to avoid taking off the front end. My main concern is an inaccurate reading. I am guessing the oil pressure PSI at the filter level is not the same as the oil pressure in the engine.

I am assuming the engineers would have taken this into account and adjusted the sending sensor accordingly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They do not adjust sensors, pressure might be slightly different may 1 or 2 psi but not enough to matter. Either your oil pressure is in spec or not. What the gauge gives you is solid knowledge of what normal is for your truck at the time of install. Any change then becomes, ideally, forewarning of a problem. Given the type of oil pump we have that is a good thing.

Get the extend length cables for the sensors the stock ones are too short

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They do not adjust sensors, pressure might be slightly different may 1 or 2 psi but not enough to matter. Either your oil pressure is in spec or not. What the gauge gives you is solid knowledge of what normal is for your truck at the time of install. Any change then becomes, ideally, forewarning of a problem. Given the type of oil pump we have that is a good thing.

Get the extend length cables for the sensors the stock ones are too short
Purchased. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Glowshifts finally arrived. The tinted guages look awesome. Only issue is the "universal pillar pod" is not Universal. Most like a slightly slanted cup holder. It doesn't shwot he guage straight on. So now I need to find another pillar pod from another vehicle (they don't make pillar pods for Land Rovers at all) that has the same pillar angle as the pillars on our Rovers. But since I don't know anything about the pillars on other vehicles it's making the search difficult. So I got everything here but thier universal pillar pods are for holding cups.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks really good. I'll try that. I see you bought the digital ones. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts