Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating on the several questions about lifting a big truck like my RRC.:confused

Instead of buying new springs is there something out there that you mount between the spring and the seat on either the axle or the upper seat for the spring that will give me lift? i.e a spacer, the same diameter as the spring.
(yeah it sounds like a stupid ass question but I had to ask it)

Another thing, if I get new springs, can I still use the shocks I got on there (cause the shocks are in good condition)? If not, why not?

Another question, can I do a body lift to my Rover which is an RRC? If so, is there a product out there I can buy or can I fabricate something?

I know these are some queer ass questions, but my roommates are a bunch of "Poop For Brains" knid of people. So I thought to ask the next best thing: you guys.:D

Any leading direction would be useful. :eek:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and another thing, should tires be a bigger issue than suspension parts as far as tire size?

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might need a little help here, please.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
RageRover said:
I've been debating on the several questions about lifting a big truck like my RRC.:confused

Instead of buying new springs is there something out there that you mount between the spring and the seat on either the axle or the upper seat for the spring that will give me lift? i.e a spacer, the same diameter as the spring.
(yeah it sounds like a stupid ass question but I had to ask it)

Another thing, if I get new springs, can I still use the shocks I got on there (cause the shocks are in good condition)? If not, why not?

Another question, can I do a body lift to my Rover which is an RRC? If so, is there a product out there I can buy or can I fabricate something?

I know these are some queer ass questions, but my roommates are a bunch of "Poop For Brains" knid of people. So I thought to ask the next best thing: you guys.:D

Any leading direction would be useful. :eek:
Spacers aren't recommended for stock springs. You can make your own spacers for about $40 (all four). I think the place is called Online Metals or something.

Body lift: Rovertym has them (I think around 200 bucks). I installed one and it was pretty easy, had to weld an extension to the steering shaft)

If you lift it you will have to make some shock extensions, which is easy to do.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I wouldn't bother with spacers unless trying to level an already modified truck to account for a winch/heavy bumper etc. I bought some on ebay that were nicer than any others I've seen and they were only $80 for all four, with hardware.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Yeah, I agree, stay away from spacers at this point.

I would recommend changing your shocks when you change your springs. You can use the same shocks if you replace with stock type springs. It seems to me that you are going to start doing mods so I would do new shocks at the same time.

As far as body lift goes...what is your reason for doing it? Usually people do it to accomodate a larger tire size, unless you are being a poser...:eek: :D
But seriously, do the springs and shocks, then go with a larger tire. Don't go too large on the tire otherwise you will run into other issues like gearing and so forth.

So how high do you want to go? When you hit 3" or higher, you will run into a whole host of other problems. Staying below 3" right now will suite you just fine. You could get away with running 265/75's with minimal trimming and only a slight decrease in power from take off and going up hill. In Lo range, you will not notice a decrease in power.

IMHO of course....:drink1:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, I think I'll do the springs and the shocks, and worry about the body lift another time. I know where to go for new tires, Llesra mentioned some pretty good deals on this one site. Where could I get springs for cheap? I'm pretty sure where to get shocks but need to know where to get springs.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Try the big blues fpom DAP....or go to rovertym

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
if money is an issue ProComp is a good way to go for shocks. i've had mine on for almost a year and they've taken a few hard hits and have held up quite well.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll give it shot, I think more importantly, I need to put some new rubber on those wheels first. I plan to remove the running boards to gain a little more clearance. Plus, wouldn't putting 225's vs. 205's on my wheels give me a little more lift? I wouldn't think by much, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
RageRover said:
I'll give it shot, I think more importantly, I need to put some new rubber on those wheels first. I plan to remove the running boards to gain a little more clearance. Plus, wouldn't putting 225's vs. 205's on my wheels give me a little more lift? I wouldn't think by much, but I'm not sure.

With the lift, you should be able to run 265's with little to no trimming on your rangie...:buttrock:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
RageRover said:

I have a 2" lift and run 235 85 r 16..basicall 32" tires..no problems...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.