Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen people selling Brembo slotted/drilled rotors on ebay. They cost about $200 for all four front and rear rotors. The link below is for a 4.0 or 4.6 but they have ones for county classics also for the same price. My question is, has anyone purchased these rotors and are you happy with them? Is this is a good deal? I was also wondering about some good brakes to buy to go with these. I bought genuine Land Rover brakes last time and they haven't lasten too long. Any suggestions?
-Jean

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREM...016181116QQcategoryZ33564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Check out Atlantic British, they have a combination package sale on them right now.
Mike J

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a set of Brembo rotors on an Audi that I had. I couldn't say that there was anything particularly special about them. I never repeatedly got on the brakes hard enough to cause heat fading with either the stock or Brembo rotors (like you would autocrossing, or SCCA style club racing)...so I can't honestly say that weather the Brembos performed better in that respect. I know that Cross-drilled and slotted rotors are less likely to warp under high heat conditions. Perhaps something to consider if you are planning to tow with your rig.

$200 for four good quality rotors is not a bad deal. With stock rotors being somewhere in the neighborhood of $45-$65 dependant on where you buy them, I don't see how you can loose.

Most European semi-metallic pads are pretty good. I'm currently running Mintex pads on my rover, and I've used them on other cars in the past...no complaints thus far. I've had good luck with PBR semi-metallic as well (used them on a couple different Audi's - you could stand on those things like a mofo). Used hawkbrake full metallic's on a couple different Porsche SCCA cars my dad had...those felt like trying to stop a dump truck on an ice rink untill they heated up after a few track laps.

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
I have slotted and crossdrilled rotors on my 93 LWB, that with some crappy who knows what brand pad.. Make sure you put the anti squeal crud on the back of the pad the night before, and mount them with the beveled edge on the leading part of the rotor.. you may want to consider new brake lines, as its a good idea to change them out.. and put nice new clean brake fluid in there Castrol GT LMA is generally considered the best "compatible" fluid out there, and not all that expensive either..

PS make sure if you buy stainless braided lines that they are coated so sand won't work its way in there and cause a failure

HTH

Dan "Dah Hammah" Hamren

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The Brembo name no longer means any assurance of quality. Their name is found on counterfeit third world junk rotors and they also produce some very low end, poor quality rotors themselves. Take a cheap rotor that can be made in Turkey for $3, drill it, then sell it as a performance rotor? Please...
A GOOD rotor is a DBA or EBC. Brembo, unless getting the two piece ones for racing, are junk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.