Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
looking at a "06 LR3 6V with 129K miles. custom 22inch rims and few upgrades...
I can buy it for $5,000 but the orange suspension fault light is on...car rides great no problems and owner has driven the car w/susp lights on for 2 years.

Anyway
Should I take the risk and buy it? is it a good price ? I personally really like it and think its a minor fix like fuse, battery or sensor...I test drove the vehicle and it sits right, the compressor kicks in for a few seconds and car rides very nice....but I really would like your opinion on this,
Also Does not have the Nav. System for me to check the sensors...any other way to check those?

Cheers :smile

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I personally would be suspicious of a 4WD riding on double deuces (22s).
My suspicion is the kid who owned it can't afford to fix or maintain it properly.

Who else would put 22s on a Land Rover?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I concur with other posters, definitely have it checked out for sure. Depending on what you intend to use it for will also probably determine how picky you should be (i.e. daily driver vs occasional off-roading vs etc..)

For price comparison, I picked up a 2006 LR3 SE in Sept/Oct with 90k for about 15k from a dealer/shop that specializes in Landrovers. Other than some worn out leather on the driver's seat, was otherwise in pristine condition. At the time, it was a single-owner vehicle and had the most extensive, detailed Carfax report I'd ever seen on a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.