Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my first disco home last night. 3hr. drive and then towed my accord back. got a little over 14mpg towing a car. I thought that was pretty good!
the first thing I want to get fixed, and seems to be a common problem, is the two rear windows do not roll down. Fuse??? I also need to fix the dual climate control...the a/c works in the rear and drivers side but not the passengers side...another fuse or relay???

· Registered
188 Posts
Seems the rear windows go out quiet a bit, probably from the rear window ecu.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
weldontr said:
I drove my first disco home last night. 3hr. drive and then towed my accord back. got a little over 14mpg towing a car. I thought that was pretty good!
the first thing I want to get fixed, and seems to be a common problem, is the two rear windows do not roll down. Fuse??? I also need to fix the dual climate control...the a/c works in the rear and drivers side but not the passengers side...another fuse or relay???
Could be the ECU, and it could be as easy as unlocking the rear windows using the switch on your console.
As for theVent problem, sounds like one of the control doors under the dassh may not be switching, here again it could also be the control head starting to fail.
Good luck with the new truck, get back to us with your trucks mileage, when you are ready and we will tell you some things to do and check as far as maintance goes.
Mike J.

· Registered
161 Posts
My rears are out too. I plan on doing the resoldering on the control unit one of these days, after I finish the rear hub bearing change, unstick the CDL, and then touch up some paint issues. Oh, and my front sunroof wont open, but will close (also a control module solder deal).

Good luck and stick with it. Once you get the kinks worked out, you will be rewarded with many years of trouble free service!

· Registered
33 Posts
dirtyduk

First pull the window switch pack out of the console and try switching the rf with the rr to see if you get anything. If that dont work pull the door panels to test the power signals,it should have power at both sides of the motor plug and switch to ground when hitting the switch up or down.switches are more common.
The AC system will do strange things like that if the system is low on freon,note the rear air system uses more. most leaks are found at the LR line where it goes over the LR spring (rub through) it might be a challange if the lines are old and stuck if replacement is required. :cool:

· SCUBA Instructor
81 Posts
I followed the Window ECU soldering guide on discoweb.org and it worked like a charm! :buttrock:

I was impressed with the level of detail in the article. Do it -- it works - now so do my rear windows. (well... one works...the other has a broken switch - I know this because I broke it myself)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.