Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first issue of Land Rover Lifestyle today and it looks great. I haven't read any of it yet but it looks great. Thanks Serg for the free issue offer.....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Got mine.... Was a great read..I may just susbscribe!!! Thanks Serg....:wave:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Glad you guys like it... I can't wait to get my issue.. need to go check my PO BOX... might be sitting there already....

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Anyone haveing trouble getting a subscription? It won't accept my state...

Nevermind...17th try is a charm......1 year ordered!!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
Just wondering, but what are y'all finding so great? Seems the LRO Moderators are loving it, but everyone else I see, including myself, does not care for it. Hmmmmmmm.

But, I thought this was a North American Mag??? Did the USA buy Liberia and Cameroon in the last few months, because I did not get the memo. Maybe it went out with my LR One Life Mag....

What about this guy who turns rocks into jewery? Does he drive a Rover out to get his rocks? Did they forget to post a pic of his Rover? Does he know what a Rover is? Or, is he a friend of one of the Editors?

The MAR....There is a joke. The BIGGEST LAND ROVER RALLEY IN NORTH AMERICA. One and a half pages.....That's all I got to say about that.

Mercy Ships???? That was in LRM last year or the year before.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Hank said:
Just wondering, but what are y'all finding so great? Seems the LRO Moderators are loving it, but everyone else I see, including myself, does not care for it. Hmmmmmmm.

But, I thought this was a North American Mag??? Did the USA buy Liberia and Cameroon in the last few months, because I did not get the memo. Maybe it went out with my LR One Life Mag....

What about this guy who turns rocks into jewery? Does he drive a Rover out to get his rocks? Did they forget to post a pic of his Rover? Does he know what a Rover is? Or, is he a friend of one of the Editors?

The MAR....There is a joke. The BIGGEST LAND ROVER RALLEY IN NORTH AMERICA. One and a half pages.....That's all I got to say about that.

I liked it...I thought it was a little odd no doubt.... But it was cheaper than others and both my girlfriend and my mom liked it.....That alone was reason for me...... The good part was where the showed the toured guide through the canyon etc..... The others out there are better but give it time..This mag will learn what we do and do not like......The mag tried to cover a wide spectrum...My guess is that they are trying to get an idea of what will sell

The review on the LR3 was good...and so where the reviews of products for sale...But that is my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Hank said:

hehe...I havnt been bribed if that what you are suggesting. It seems as though only really the moderators have posted up to this point, and WCUrover and drg like it. I actually havnt recieved my subscription yet, but I was the one that was originally worried that it would be filled to the brim with ads for cigars and dress shoes, fancy watches, rare wine, etc. I do not dislike, but am not exactly fond of LRW because everything is European and I cannot take interest in any of thier cool part reviews or diesel rover tests, etc. because I cant buy them over here in the states.

I am really anxious to see what this new mag has to offer, its pretty inexpensive, and since I already go to the stores and read PopSci and PopMechs nearly every month for free...I dont really have an active subscription to anything; the marjority of what I get in the mail is LR catalogs and various new vehicle brochures to see whats new. Its farily inexpensive compared to the $100+/year for LRM. As long as it has a fair amount of stories on off-roading and parts, etc. I think I will support them with a subscription....

Will just have to see and find out! :)

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Hank,

I never said it was the greatest thing out there. It isn't yet, but has the chance to be one of the better ones available to us Land Rover owners. I agree with what somebody said about them trying to cover a wide range of things and trying to get a feel for what will sell best for them.

It is setup in way to show whats to possibly come in the future. Looks like they tried to print as many articles as possible about various things. The LR3 write ups were very good IMO. Lets not forget that not all Rover owners are going to go out to the MAR event. None of us are getting paid to review the mag (other mods if you are getting paid share some with me :) ) just giving our honest opinions of the mag.

Just because it is based in North America, doesnt mean they are not going to write about things happening in other parts of the Rover world.

Look on page 58 Hank, it shows the artist leaning on the front of a Rover. I really didnt read the article becuase it didnt look appealing to me, but thats just one article. There are many more that I enjoyed reading in the issue.

Give them a chance, atleast they are trying to put something good together. Not everybody can be perfect on their first try at something.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Oh thats right! Jeez, I totally missed that. I dont recall ever reading an LRM.....I think I have seen them in the stores before though....I have one mag of a UK LR mag that I like; LRO...hehe....Land Rover Owners International....it seemed a bit too quick of a read.....the issue I have is weighted tward Series LRs, but I liked the writing. They had a race using all of the LR's....diesel and petrol vs. for some.....and gave preformance specs, and race times, speed, etc.. They also talked about the RRS, and had a story on how Solihill (spel??) the LR plant will be shut down by ford by 2010, and about the new defenders. A good read, but also expensive at $8/issue.

$60/year is still pricy, but its better then the other one.....perhaps I will buy a copy......if not I guess I'll just stick to my PopSci and PopMechs....I love those!

·
Banned
914 Posts
Keptin,
LRM is still a "UK Based" mag. But, they have a NA edition out and it's slowly growing. It's up to ~20 pages of North American content. They had 12-pages on the MAR alone. It has some pretty good Tech articles too.
The exchange rates suck so bad now, and that's why the Mag is a little pricey. All in All, it's my favorite LR mag....

·
2,986 Posts
LRL had some good stuff, and also had a lot of content I wasn't interested in... I'm personally not looking at it as a replacement to my LRM, perhaps something in addition for it.

I'm in full support of LRL though, even if only 25% of it is offroading, figure that a nationally distributed magazine like that will get some attention from LRNA and dealerships, and hopefully it'll do us some good. The one article about SEMA was great.. I passed by it a few times just wondering wtf they had that ugly RR there and the Volvo.. finally read it, and it basically said "Bad showing with Land Rovers, they had one blinged out rangy.. it was so bad, that even Volvo showed us up."

For the purchase price of a subscription, I don't see how you can go wrong with it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.