Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok peeps, I found out the code # as my check engine light is on. Well it is now off as the guy turned it off for me :)

I was happy that it is only one code showing :clap:

it is.....drum roll please......

PO461

I found on the other "do it yourself" thread that it is:

Fuel tank level measurement Not valid Fault.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Btw, I did hug Disco Rover for being so good and not being too sick :D

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dosen't anyone want to help me? :dunno: :bawling:

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Dutchess County, just above Putnam County.

Its funny, since I think this light came on due to fuel, I "think" my gas guage is off. It could be my imagination but I have gone 217 miles and it is just a tad below the half way mark. I feel that is not correct. I can only go about 300 miles on a tankful, and I know it moves slow the 1st half and goes quickly on the second half. I will wait and see if it moves more today. It could be because I have used Plus gas instead of Premium these past 3 months. Maybe some gas treatment is needed? Could the float be stuck?

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Hey I am in Dutchess county also, but at the northern most part.

There could be a problem with the float I guess, but again I have no clue. I know a good shop in Poughkeepise called Transtech if you need a place to have it checked out at.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pine Plains, Red Hook, Millerton? I am in Dover Plains

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I know them both. I lived in Millbrook for many years I went to Bennett College in Millbrook and stayed for years as I was a horse trainer.

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
My daughter rides horses at a place in Clinton Corners. She's only been riding for about 2 years, and was in the Dutchess County Fair twice.

Sorry didnt mean to change the subject of your post. If you want to talk some more send a pm or start a thread in the East Coast Region area. Best of luck getting your problem fixed.

· Registered
128 Posts
Madeara said:
Ok peeps, I found out the code # as my check engine light is on. Well it is now off as the guy turned it off for me :)

I was happy that it is only one code showing :clap:

it is.....drum roll please......

PO461
When asking for help, it is always nice to let folks know what in the Hell you are working on. IE a 461 on a D2 is indeed fuel level sensor, but won't trigger a MIL.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Opps, my LR is a 1997 Disco. What is a MIL? I bought some gass treatment yesterday that I added and will add every fill up. Do you think this may help? Btw my gas gauge seems to be working fine. Maybe it was just a stupid thing that has corrected itself. The light is off and hasn't come back on so maybe that is the end of the story? :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.