Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 01 Discovery finally showed up and like assumed, the $#%holes I bought it from didn't disclose everything. Now I get to fix that stuff and do some service work on it.

The questions:

1) I know these require DOT 4 brake fluid. I have fluid that says
"DOT 3/DOT 4" on the bottles. Is that ok to use?

2) Center dome light stays on. The switch/button is broke. Any of you guys that part these out have one? I just pulled it out and unhooked it for now.

3) Fog lights don't work. There appears to be some sort of idiot attempt at rewiring them?? Any help on how to sort out where the problem is would be great. Button on dash lights up when pushed but no-go on lights.

4) Only have one key....What's involved with getting a second key/fob and getting it programed?

5) And my favorite part...SRS light is on. Lying sack of $#%&. Is that a dealer only diagnosis? Anyway to reset that system?

6) I want to put a hitch and 4 flat wiring on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it says DOT 4 then it's good. (DOT 3/4 works) There's recommended products, low moisture stuff like that but it doesn't make any extreme differences.

Dome light, someone might have one.

Fog lights, get out the volt meter. Sounds like the switch is working. Probably a bad ground somewhere if you don't have battery drain issues. Do some continuity tests.

If you get your hands on a new key fab, maybe from the dealer, I'm not sure if a used one can be reprogrammed, you can do it with the Hawkeye Scan Tool. See if someone in your area has one to borrow. It should tell you what's up with the SRS light as well.

The trailer light wiring requires a module which is behind the passenger tail light. There's a little loom there with a rubber insert in the electrical plug. From there you get the full 7 pin connection which you then need an adapter to get the four pin flat plug.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Updates:

SRS: I have the codes read.
1) 9016 - Open Circuit Fault in Left Pretensioner Circuit
2) 9020 - Open Circuit Fault in Right Pretensioner Circuit
I looked up some old threads on the topic and printed off that section of the Rave manual...cleaned connections and make sure there was good contact. Light still stays lit. Is there something else I should be checking before I take it to the stealership? Seems curious that both seats have the same fault and makes me think it's not just connection....at least not one one the seat.

As far as the hitch goes.....What's involved with putting on the actual receiver hitch? Any mods?? ie: drilling, removal or other parts, cutting, welding etc, or does it just bolt on? Anyone have any experience with particular brand that's good and you know fits properly?

This seems to be the best deal I've found for the hitch itself:
e-Hitch.com | CURT Trailer Hitch #13455

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.