Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone:

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to this place and takent he LR off-road driving school. http://www.greenbrier.com/act_adv_rover.asp

Or maybe another one like it. I live in Northern VA and I am seriously thinking of going to this school for a couple of days. Probably only because the wife would like the resort while i have fun! and learn a lot - I HOPE.

So, anyone chime in and let me know if it is worth it - or if you have recommendations for any others nearby....i.e. about a 4hr drive max away.

ONYA!
:drink1:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Might be stretching the 4 hour limit a bit, and there's not so much for the wife to do (unless she likes coming along), but I'd definitively recommed Paragon Park up in PA. Not quite so cliquey.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jonesy, I don't know what sort of circles you usually travel in, but the Greenbrier is very upscale. If you go, make sure and bring suitable attire for dinner and be prepared to drop a lot of cash. Also make sure and let everyone know how good the school is, you lucky git :wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I went last spring, the Greenbriar is very nice, not really our style but the Driving School was great! They teach you the basics for off roading and how to use the capabilities of the Land Rover. You can choose which model you want to drive, I of course, chose the new MKIII, something I might not be able to own for many years to come. I had a two hour lesson, and after we had gone through most of the trails we had about 20 min until we had to be back, so the instructor told me to try it out of the highway to see its on-road capabilities as well. I think the quote from him was "the roads are to curvy for "them" to set up speed traps, so feel free to lay in on it" Needless to say, that was almost as fun as the off-road experience.

As far as the distance from you, I heard the were opening up a school at the Biltmore Estate...I you might want to check that out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts