Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
Yep!!

Ill be up for that I live at the North end of the lakes where are you planning on going I can probably muster a few folk too
Cheers ONz

Barryj said:
Anyone up for UK lakes trip first weekend in Oct. :drink1:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i could be up for that ... need to ghet my rear propshaft on i guess then

where ya thinking of going ?

James

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be arriving in Lakes on Fri 1 Oct, not sure where camping yet, hope to do Walna, maybe Gatesgarth (permit) and whatever else in the area, open to ideas. I live in West Yorks so will not be late arriving, leaving Sun pm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
it would be and it would be great if you could send me the durn website adress again after the last trip i went on with you all my puter went boom when a pint flooded across the keyboard of the laptop :complain:

been trying to remember the name of the site so i could get back in touch with you all

had a great day out that last greenlaning day think it was probably nearly a year ago :D

is anyone form NGLC going to Langly farm .. hopefully ill get the handbrake rebuilt and fix the rear propshaft UJ's tomorrow so i should make it there

James

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again JamesD90, Glad you enjoyed that trip as it was me who planned it. However I'm no longer with NCGL as we had a difference of opinion re what the club should be doing. I have now started a new club (I started the NCGL) but this time aim to keep the thing smaller and free membership, if I can find your email address I'll send you details. I shall be at Langley Farm on Sunday so maybe I'll see you there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yep if all goes well ill try and make it up there on sunday ull prolly know for sure tomorrow

all depends on wether ther stuff i orderd from paddocks got on the parcel truck in time tonight

James

·
Registered
223 Posts
Barryj said:
Will be arriving in Lakes on Fri 1 Oct, not sure where camping yet, hope to do Walna, maybe Gatesgarth (permit) and whatever else in the area, open to ideas. I live in West Yorks so will not be late arriving, leaving Sun pm.
So do you need a permit to go there?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gatesgarth pass requires a permit, as it is only open one day per month. These can be downloaded from the LDNPA website. A max of 16 vehicles are allowed but only in small groups and even that is dependant on the weather. You must get your application in early.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Barry, thanks for the site address. :clap:

I did Gatescarth last year north to south.
Parkamoor road is a good one nice views over Coniston it's got a rough stone step can post pics if you want to see them.

Cheers Graham

·
Registered
7 Posts
any chance of posting the pics please Goldmember, I would like to take a look

cheers
xboxy
:lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Parkamoor road is open through September but you will need to check it's open October.

Trying to up load pics but it keeps telling me file to large reduced pics to 500 x 375 still won't let me. :dunno:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry Graham, can't view pics without being a member. As I'm already in 3 forums I,m not sure I have time for a fourth. Spose I could dump Difflock or even LRO. Difflock reamed my ass after the Occupation road warning, so I guess they get the bullet, question is do I use my grandads old 303 or my dads howitzer. Go on guess!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Occupation road warning ? not seen that thread.

I used to be a mod on LRF forum but fell out over pics in green lane. I'm a member of glass so couldn't go along with it, shame really there are some good people on there been laning with some of them.
So gone back to LRUK used difflock a few times.

Anyway glad to see you on LRUK its good forum.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts