Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

my classic has the usual grey bumper end caps, etc does anybody have any product idea to return them to black?

Ive tried the back to black stuff etc didnt do anything along with wd 40 etc etc

any ideas other than used engine oil is there any products made thatll do it?

many thanks

Simon

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
black

The only thing I know of that works is paint.
I use Plasticote satin black spray cans its the dogs nads for renovating old bumpers and grilles :clap: .I buy it from wilkinsons or B&Q if you are in the UK.
Cheers ONz

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just do it

Go out on the trails and knock the suckers off. Problem solved. :drive:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try tire dressing, the shiny stuff they put on the tires from car dealerships. Works great and lasts awile.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

thanks for the responses.

Bwana- its my rear light guards that i tend to knock off on telegraph poles as i pull out at too steep an angle after parallel parking!!

ill try the tyre stuff

again thanks

simon

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have tried 'Back to black' and thought is was rubbish- just made my plastic bumper look wet and shiny for a few days before wearing off. I've since found 'Black Trim Wax' from carplan, its very similar to boot polish, and worked very well.

·
Majesticdisco1
1,248 Posts
I sprayed mines black prob solved

·
The Winnipeg Thrashers...
835 Posts
Like some idiot told me as he tried to sell me a bottle of snake oil..."it's dead paint" WTF! Using paint seems to be the only "long term" band aid. The trim dressing stuff will wear off in a couple of weeks and to me, makes the plastic even lighter, which makes you use it more often. See the pattern? I stopped using Armor All and the like years ago. Like I said, it seems to necessitate more usage.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
what brand paint does the job good. the auto trim black paint that is used for window wiper arms, and ect. i need to touch up my brush bar, window wiper arms, front/back end caps, and ect. i just wanted them to be the same black color for all because i have a black RRC and did not want 3 or 4 shades of black. let me know what has worked the best!! thanks aaron

·
The MoFab Man
438 Posts
They make a specific paint for that, you can get it at almost any autoparts store . I can't remember the name which I know is'nt much help but I think its just Bumper Black or something cheesy like that and its usually near the bondo and autobody section instead of the spray paint section and it works on metal and plastic. Just remember you cant paint over all that gloss silicone stuff so if you have already used that stuff be sure and wipe it all down with Wax & Grease Remover before you paint it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts