Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's time to order the Hannibal rack and tent. I've seen them for sale on two sites, AB and Rover Accessories. Does anyone know of other companies out there selling Hannibal stuff? I'm leaning toward AB since they are much closer to me geographically than RA (thinking shipping costs here). :D

· Registered
72 Posts
Hannibal Rack & Tent

The tent is also on our list of things to come. I have seen a few small ads here & there but the prices were more than AB. I have ordered from AB often and they have seemed very helpful. Thay also bid out the shipping so it usually is within reason. (EX I had the Hannibal rack shipped to Colorado for only $125.)
Please let me know how you like the tent. My son & I are hoping to be able to afford it by summer.

THX

· Registered
165 Posts
Not to hijack the thread by any means, but does anyone know where I could buy just the aluminum 2-3 piece ladders that generally come with any of the rooftop tents?
I would like easy access to get ontop of my rack.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
02RhinoRange said:
Not to hijack the thread by any means, but does anyone know where I could buy just the aluminum 2-3 piece ladders that generally come with any of the rooftop tents?
I though the P38s had a special ladder, one that attached to the roof rack and tailgate.... I'll have to look it up.

· the big yellow one is the sun!
241 Posts
ladders for the back of the vehicle are available all over the place if you want to go that route...heck, right now AB is running a special on ebay...get an atlantic british ladder for under $100 shipping and all...

as for the other ladders, if you dont have any luck, i had a friend use a tri-folding aluminum ramp for a ladder that was originally supposed to be used to load his bike into the back of a pickup, worked well for him

· Registered
843 Posts
I have a Hannibal roof rack, tent and side awning for Eva and I can safely say you won't be disappointed, gorgeous kit.

Plus The matress in the tent is possibly the most comfy thing I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on, super nights sleep. Even in wind with the vehicle rocking slightly it is really comfy and kinda nice and comforting, rocking yer to sleep!!

I can't tell you haw nice it is to wake up in the morning and when you open the door and peer out the view from up there is always great and because your high up the mist and dew is below you so you tend to be nice, dry and warmer than the floor dwelling campers!!

· Registered
908 Posts
02RhinoRange said:
I guess you can get them from www.pangaeaexpedition.com . they carry both hannibal & easy aw

· Registered
843 Posts
LRDisco94 said:
I would like to see up close pictures of the tents, the pictures on AB are just outside shots, how does it work? just seems to be a little much for a tent.... couldnt you just put a tent up there ?
Am affraid my pics of the tent are at home but these show the setup when closed. As far as how does it work, you unzip the waterproof covering, undo a strap (holds the tent tightly together), fix ladder together (stored in 2 or 3 parts) then as you pull on the ladder the tent unfolds and pops up! Done. You can store your blankets, sleeping bags, clothes and pillows up there too. The only other thing to do is attach the door and window flap poles (holds the fly sheet and window flaps taught). Should take about 8 minutes to open up and the same to close up if your in a rush.

The outer bag keeps out the wet superbly, even in torential rain whilst driving down the highway at 70mph!!

As for sticking a tent up top well I have seen that too although it'd take a damn sight longer to setup and it wouldn't be particularly safe neither! I will dig out the picture when I get home!

· Registered
843 Posts
Geobloke said:
Am affraid my pics of the tent...

...when I get home!

Sorry forgot the pics! These are a few pics of the tent, rack and awning when closed on Eva!

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Geobloke said:
I have a Hannibal roof rack, tent and side awning for Eva and I can safely say you won't be disappointed, gorgeous kit.

Plus The matress in the tent is possibly the most comfy thing I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on, super nights sleep. Even in wind with the vehicle rocking slightly it is really comfy and kinda nice and comforting, rocking yer to sleep!!

I can't tell you haw nice it is to wake up in the morning and when you open the door and peer out the view from up there is always great and because your high up the mist and dew is below you so you tend to be nice, dry and warmer than the floor dwelling campers!!
Well said the matress in the tent is supurb!!I have had some of my best night sleep in that old tent.Hannibals are the best!! I lov that kit!!!!!!!:buttrock:

· Registered
843 Posts
Series 3 guy said:
Well said the matress in the tent is supurb!!I have had some of my best night sleep in that old tent.Hannibals are the best!! I lov that kit!!!!!!!:buttrock:
Lol when I had the tent on the rack last year my matress at home was showing signs of having died and passed on to the other realm, I came close several times to sticking the tent up in my street. Only didn't cos the neighbours already think I am a sarnie and a can of coke short of a pic-nic!! :eek: :dunno:

· Registered
843 Posts
Series 3 guy said:
Pic of my tent too.:D I love my tent!!!
Heck you like the tent! I love your SIII fella! :buttrock:

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Geobloke said:
Lol when I had the tent on the rack last year my matress at home was showing signs of having died and passed on to the other realm, I came close several times to sticking the tent up in my street. Only didn't cos the neighbours already think I am a sarnie and a can of coke short of a pic-nic!! :eek: :dunno:
LOL!!Dude I feel your pain! I'm not sure where in the UK you live,but as an American who lives in SE London,the looks I get when the old lady and I get ready for a trip and are putting the tent up to check everything out is pretty insane.Most people are realy curious as they have never seen anything quite like it. We actualy stop traffic with curious drivers by going...WTF is that!!!! Our neighbors are pretty cool though and have accepted the fact that we are crazy.:shifty: My next door neighbor is soooocool that she lets us use her drive for the Disco!! The rest are still concerned for my sanity however.

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Geobloke said:
Heck you like the tent! I love your SIII fella! :buttrock:
Cheers- I found it a few years ago in need of much love. I have spent hundreds of hours putting it right. I will post some pics of her when I can. I have two I can find at the mo in the computer....

· Registered
68 Posts
hanibal tents

One of the best purchases I made. apart from The LR's themselves. I was really sceptical about spending that much money and looked at a few 2nd hand ones. I ended up buying haniabl roof bars and tent with awning and it is great. Did a trip around spain end of last year and it was fantastic. Could get the whole thing up in 5 mins and back down in under 10. The only down side is putting them down in the wet as you are trappping all that moisture. I am planning on mounting it to a old sankey trailer this year to make a bit of a camper unit with fridge and cooker etc. A bit more versitile as we have a couple of LR's and depoending on far far we go depends which one we take and it's a bit of a pain in the arse to change it from one vehicle to another.

· Registered
843 Posts
macdon2000 said:
One of the best purchases I made. apart from The LR's themselves. I was really sceptical about spending that much money and looked at a few 2nd hand ones. I ended up buying haniabl roof bars and tent with awning and it is great. Did a trip around spain end of last year and it was fantastic. Could get the whole thing up in 5 mins and back down in under 10. The only down side is putting them down in the wet as you are trappping all that moisture. I am planning on mounting it to a old sankey trailer this year to make a bit of a camper unit with fridge and cooker etc. A bit more versitile as we have a couple of LR's and depoending on far far we go depends which one we take and it's a bit of a pain in the arse to change it from one vehicle to another.
I have a friend who is doing the exact same thing, he has just bought a sankey "tools and spares" trailer and is just about to start modifying it to fit the tent to it! Is a great idea!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.