Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need help on my LR Discovery I '98 3DR V8i 3.9. After overhauling the transfer case - to stop the leak, the gear shift seems to hard to shift especially on 1st gear - not the same when it has leaks. What seems to be the problem? Please help!

cheers,
royemaun

· Registered
321 Posts
stupid question but when you removed transfer case maybe you bent a rod to your gear box? other than at i can't see how a transfer case rebuild would impact your gear box.... is it just first that's hard to move into or all the gears?
take care
sam

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the most hardest is the 1st gear, 3rd and reverse is also hard to move. I know that my gear box has nothing to do with the overhaul. FYI the overhaul job was done by a friend who works for a LR dealer here in Saudi. I couldn't imagine why an overhaul job to the transfer case would give a gear problem after that. Gear was 100% smooth before it was sent to the workshop. My friend mentioned that he has changed the clutch oil from the reservoir to DOT 4 (not through bleeding) could that be the cause?

By the way I gave up a honda civic 2002 model for this Disco a couple of months ago and i want to find solution for whatever problems (that has come up)/it may arise later on from this forum. Please help and not criticize.

cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.