Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '94 D1 i purchased about a month ago.. When I bought it it had a miss, so I changed the plugs, wires, rotor button and distributor cap. That took care of the miss, but when cold it is difficult to start. I have to crank the starter for at least 10-15 seconds before it will begin to hit, sometimes I think it helps to give it a little gas while cranking.. I am debating changing the coil and possible the elec. module, but am not certain I am heading in the right direction.. I still have to check the timing also. When the engine is warm, if I shut it off for 5 minutes or less, it will start right up within a few seconds, but if it has set overnight or even 30 minutes or so, it takes a lot of craking to get it to fire... Before i start changing out more parts I thought I would ask for some opinions???

Thanks for your help.
Martin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Unruely said:
I have a '94 D1 i purchased about a month ago.. When I bought it it had a miss, so I changed the plugs, wires, rotor button and distributor cap. That took care of the miss, but when cold it is difficult to start. I have to crank the starter for at least 10-15 seconds before it will begin to hit, sometimes I think it helps to give it a little gas while cranking.. I am debating changing the coil and possible the elec. module, but am not certain I am heading in the right direction.. I still have to check the timing also. When the engine is warm, if I shut it off for 5 minutes or less, it will start right up within a few seconds, but if it has set overnight or even 30 minutes or so, it takes a lot of craking to get it to fire... Before i start changing out more parts I thought I would ask for some opinions???

Thanks for your help.
Martin
Martin, I dont know how you would go about it, but you should check fuel pressure after sitting overnight, it seems that fuel is draining away over night. Or you have a faulty fuel pump, have it checked, Regards Frank.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
A fuel pump is one of those parts you should always carry an extra one of. Like a brake indicator so when yours goes out in the middle of nowhere, that 30 dollar part can get you home. Not that I'm talking from experience or anything :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am leaning more toward the injectors at this time.. After letting it sit all night, I pushed and held the gas pedal to the floor and it started instantly. i believe that the injectors are leaking off and flooding the cylinders???

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.