Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 SE7, all stock wiring except for the Hella 500 AUX lights I added last weekend. While I was working under the fuse panel area under the steering column, I noticed a wiring harness plug that was not attached to anything. It was to the left side of the panel.

Does anyone know what it might be? Pre-wiring for some option I don't have? (Like a heated windshield, maybe?)

·
Registered
138 Posts
How big, how many pins and how many wires? Rectangle or square, or trapezoidal?

My first thought is the OBDII plug - but I pulled mine down a long time ago, and can't remember if it was on the right or left side of the column.

-BowRat

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the OBDII; I use my scanner enough so I know that at least. (And OBDII is on the right side.)
I'll have to take another look at the plug next time I'm down at the garage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plug is gray, rectangle, medium-large size, 8 pins in 2 rows (5 top, 3 bottom). Plug itself is wrapped in a black insulating foam.

The only options I don't have are SLS, heated windshield, parktronic and ACE. I figure it probably belongs to one of those if any of them are pre-wired.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The rave has photos of all the connectors and their locations. Try to find it in there. When you get the connector number, search for that number in the electrical diagrams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts