Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper,
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is WHAT to do with the Antenna Amplifier lead that would normally be plugged in to the back of the OEM head unit. My (and most aftermarket units I've seen) aftermarket head unit has a single antenna plug.

My AM reception is awful except for 2 high-power stations in the area.

Sounds like a dumb question, but if this amplifier lead was somehow able to be utilized on the aftermarket head unit, would that help my AM reception?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sub'd — I've ordered a Parrot RKi8400 and will let you know what I find. Going to try and install it myself. '95 soft dash LWB

·
Registered
146 Posts
No apparent connector for me either with my new stereo. Did you connect the (factory) small square pin somehow? I'm getting power up but only hissing through the speakers - no sound. As if its turned all the way up but nothing's playing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I'm all hooked up but no sound coming through the speakers. I'm guessing its because I have no idea what this plug on the original unit was for, and it's not hooked up to anything now. Can anyone illuminate? ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1374128877.360143.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Okay - the plug is for the external CD changer. Not needed for new install, but I'm still getting no music, just a hissing. Read up on some ICE forums and it sounds like the new HU is outputting too much power in combination with the factory external amp.

Sounds like there are two options:
1) rewire all speaker straight from HU, or
2) use an inline power regulator on the amp

Anyone had any luck with either of these methods?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts