Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone loaded a bike (not Nike) into a DI?

I have to pick up a dirt bike in MA this weekend and was wondering if I could fit it inside the Disco. I have the headliner out (just finished painting it) and the seats are out (getting ready to herculine it). Obviously the drivers seat and the center console are still in the truck.

Anyone know if the bike will fit inside? It's a Kawa KLR 650.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disco said:
I've never tried it but I think you'll be okay.
Thanks Disco, I'll give it a shot.

Years ago (many many moons) I transported a Kawa GPZ in a Renault 5 (LeCar in the US). So I guess I could get a dirtbike inside a Rover.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeffreydv said:
John,

Based on the title of your post, I thought you were trying to get a sneaker in the truck. :lol:
Hahaha... I just realized I made a typo..... it is kinda funny.... my bad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ain't gonna fit. I have an old Kawasaki KDX 175 dirt bike and it is 84" long, 36" wide and 48" tall. Don't know exactly what type a KLR is, but with a 650 engine, it's gotta be big. You might be able to pull the wheels (and rear fender) and get it in, but maybe Uhaul is the way to go.

Good luck.

·
JesusIsLord
185 Posts
John C said:
Thanks Disco, I'll give it a shot.

Years ago (many many moons) I transported a Kawa GPZ in a Renault 5 (LeCar in the US). So I guess I could get a dirtbike inside a Rover.
Ha, that's funny. My brother and his friend stuffed a Suzuki TM 125 into a 2 door Ford Pinto hatchback back in the 70's, got in themselves and drove for two hours to the beach! :drive:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Disco, I'm picking it up on Thrusday (11/8). I'll take some pics and keep you posted. I have the rear seats out and will remove the PS seat tomorrow.

BTW, here's a pic of my painted headliner (I took the pic this morning while sitting in Manhattan traffic).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.