Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Did some off-roading last week-end, had a great time but I had this annoying problem. Everytime my D1 hit a pot hole, my hazards come on. The only way to turn the thing off was to switch the ignition off and then back on. Not much fun while still travelling at 60 kmls an hour, I'll be getting a wiring diagram of the hazards/turn curcuit and trying to find out how this happens but if anyone knows how to cure this annoying problem? I'd be indebted.

Wes

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is not a malfunction! a built in saftey feature! when you say...every time you hit a pot hole...how hard arfe you hitting? i have to hit a large bump very very hard to get mine to come on! there was a guy on dweb some time ago. his were apparently becoming too sensitive...maby when dweb back up you could search the site to see if he got it figured out!
cheers :drink1:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I repaired mine by changing the mounting of the green box above the passenger footwell. It used to be mounted w/ small bolts & I had alot of similiar problems, although it was actually the security system on exterior lamps that were flashing, not the hazards. I realized that when, while happening, I turned on my hazards & they flashed in-between & alternate to my already flashing lamps. I mounted the green box w/ a velcro pad to absorb some of the off road shock, w/ no problems since. Listen for a "flasher" relay type sound (click - click - click) to find your way to the little green box. Good Luck, LRW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts