Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Rover Heads,

Hate to be the guy on the internet doing this but I need your experience to help me out. I've had an '08 LR3 for about a 1.5 years now with minimal issues in 8k miles (68k total). I was at my parent's house this weekend for mother's day and my dad was messing with my truck without me seeing/realizing it. I had no faults, nor have I had any issues with the truck in a year and a half. He said he stuck his ODB reader into it and cleared a coolant fault, and annoyingly doesn't remember exactly what it said. Then drove it to the store, and when he got back he asked me what this message means. I walked outside and my truck was reading "HDC Fault System Unavailable"

I then took the vehicle to the store later after being unable to figure it out in a short period of time, and the truck starts fine, drives around for 30 seconds, and then shows that warning. That's the only thing it's showing. No "Normal Ride Height Only" or "Special Programs Unavailable" luckily. I did some online research and found a lot of people blaming the battery voltage for this issue but I have a couple things to say about that. One, I changed this battery when I bought the car a year and a half ago so it's pretty new. Two, I'm not receiving any other faults other than just the one. However my dad, annoyingly, is the person that killed my battery when I first got the truck 1.5 years ago because he changed the lights from automatic to on, then left it on all afternoon. I noticed he moved the lights to on when he took my vehicle to the store just yesterday too.

Anyway, any shared experience would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had this issue. I disconected the battery for about 30 mins removed the air suspension relay, put it back in, then reconnected the battery. It still didn't raise to standard height till i drove it for about 15mins. Ghost in the machine.

·
1,818 Posts
Possible low battery or alternator.
Dave

·
very disco
1,309 Posts
i went through this recently with my RRS. everybody says "low voltage, replace battery, check alternator, replace brake lamps and brake switch"
i ended up with faults plus a lot of new kit.

the systems on these rigs are quite complex and many modules rely upon information from each other to even activate.

those are the "quick fixes" but you'll easily spend a couple hundred bucks and be right back where you started. any chance your dad spilled a beverage on the ATC panel?

get a foxwell or comparable LR friendly code reader and post your codes.

one final hail-mary, you could disconnect the + and - leads from the battery, and touch them together (the car ones, NOT the battery ones) for a few min to discharge. this will effectively reset everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts