Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
very disco
2,210 Posts
When you open the front doors, the plastic panel that separates the painted door jamb from the carpeted footwell... there are channels running front to back there with body harnesses running through them. The channels tend to fill with water and the harness splices inside corrode and disintegrate over time

·
Registered
17 Posts
I open everything there, cleaned connections but nothing. Checked also connections with fuse box. Dead end.
Any further advice ? Thanks man

·
very disco
2,210 Posts
Did you tug on the splices in the rocker panels?

mine looked fine, but when I tugged on some the wires came right out. They had fully disintegrated internally but passed visual inspection.

There’s another bit of harness behind the front left wheel in the wheel opening that’s prone to failure... or remove and open them CJB and look inside for water damage maybe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes i tug the splices i the rocker panel and everthing sems ok. also removed and checked all connections form fuse panel and down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found only this one a little corroded.i clean it and put in place, but nothing :mad: . can DELPHI DS 150E find where is the problem ?

·
very disco
2,210 Posts
Unfortunately none of the computers in the truck were programmed with “I have water damage” errors. A good scan tool can likely indicate which system is compromised, possibly even which ECU... but at the end of the day, if it doesn’t know what’s wrong it can’t tell you what’s wrong.

if you were to snip some random wire somewhere, the computer at the end of that wire would throw a code complaining about no information, bad information, etc. you could then surmise that the source ECU, destination ECU, or wiring in between needed repair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I check carrefully everything and cleaned "with a electrical cleaner" where needed. Only one conector was a little corroded.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unbelievable! After cleaning and connect everything and those harnesses as picture, I thought was finished and solved anything. Today after days I start tha lr3 to charge a little the battery. Wtf everything is ok, no warning lights everything clear. I hope nothing will come back. Many thanks @reverendALC @rob bartleman.

·
very disco
2,210 Posts
hello! was wondering if you found a "cleaner" of some sort for tackling the removal of the corrosion on your connector contact points (and the copper wire)?
CRC makes an "ok" contact cleaner, but no match for scrubbing. after all cleaned, DO use dielectric grease to prevent add'l corrosion.

@ilir81 glad to hear it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took a all in one sprite&grease electric cleaner. I dont know if I do it well but I think works. Prevention is more to check every year for water entrance , and this is very important. Is just @reverendALC says check carefully for wires not connected, clean and connect. My problem for sure was water 🙂, and I'm lucky if I found the problem and solve it. As I say, hope never came back.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts