Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Got news that a head gasket blew today on my D2 by failing a block test... I'm thinking of doing the job myself, but nervous that I will get into a bind I can't get out of. I'm a garage mechanic and have never opened up an engine before. Anyone in the Phoenix area perform this job before that might be willing to lend a hand if things go wrong?

Anyone else have some good advice that I should be considering before tackling this job? Will I be over my head?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have a diagram of all of the parts included with the Atlantic British Head Gasket Kit? Land Rover Head Gasket Set Composite V8 - Land Rover Engine Parts at Roverparts.com

Struggling to identify some of the o-rings. I've gotten the valve stem seals (16) and fuel injector o-rings (16). There are 8 small o-rings and 8 larger o-rings (both with flat tops/bottoms) that I have no idea where they go to! Anyhelp would be appreciated!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Gasket Kit Part Identification

Ok everyone! Let's identify these once and for all so other's don't have to do the amount of investigation I have had to do! I still have numerous parts I have no idea what they are. I've included 2 pictures. 1 has the easy parts to identify that I have worked though and 2 has the parts I don't know about... They are labeled with numbers, so if anyone knows what they are and where they go (or if they aren't used on a Discovery II), please add your wisdom to this thread!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.