Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlight washers no longer function and I want to remove the lines that feed the light washers but obviously not the ones that feed the windshield. Anybody done this and have advise or tricks?

· Registered
95 Posts
The headlamp washer and windscreen washer have separate pumps.

Look on the back of the reservoir bottle the top "larger" pump is for the headlamps and the smaller bottom 2 are for the front and rear windows.

That said, disconnecting the headlamp hoses or electrical plug has no effect on the windscreen washer pump.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Mikie - but do they work every time the headlights and windshield wipers are on or just every twice or third time? Seems like Rave covers it as sporadic; not quite sure. I can never catch mine working.

· Premium Member
3,190 Posts
If you chose to fix them and need a pump or the tee or even a pair of nozzles let me know, I have all of those parts in stock.

If you want to simply stop the washer fluid from going to the nozzles, cut the hose under the hood about a foot from the pump, stick a bolt in the hose at the end leading to the reservoir and use a hose clamp to cinch the bolt in place, thus blocking any fluid from dripping out of the hose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.