Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll

I wanna remove my head liner or one side anyways to put a antenna through the roof.. I wanna drill a 1/16 hole next to where roof rack mounts through roof any suggestions on removing a side so I can get to it .. 95 disco

Thanks Eric

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Gutter mount antennas don't begin to have the power and reception of one drilled dead center in that big metal top. That is where a radio shop did mine and I have perfect 360 degree reception and transmitting.
I am not sure what they did when they pulled the head linner down, but it was down and back up to 15 minutes.
What type of antenna are you going to use? The Wison 1000 works well with a 4' stainless.
Mike J.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
BTW Mike, is that your antenna, on your truck, in the photo attachment you sent Chicago Dan. With one that big you must be able to communicate for thousand of miles. Hehe!

· Banned
17 Posts
do it yourself

use a heavy vacumn line or heater hose over a drill bit to allow only enough exposed
drill bit to penetrate roof and fish the coax to approprite location. with out
ripping the headliner! if you do use red green approved duct tape!
use only the highest quality british duct tape,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.