Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the beast is up and running (a broken brand new lifter was the problem....bottom part sheared clean off by the new cam) I am trying to tidy up some other parts of the car.
The saggy healiner has been stapled into position by mad previous owner. While funtional it does not look great.
I was thinking of removing the old foamed backed trim, rubbing back the hardboard surface to get the old glue off and 'flocking' it with a kit from someone like Frost's or even using another 'soft touch' paint.
The car is in semi retirement and a long way from being a concours candidate, so I do not mind going away form the factory fitting which was dire like any 1980's Rover product....
Has anyone tried this solution or even tried simply glueing a non foam vinyl material?

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I talk about repairing the headliner on my website. It's not hard to put fabric back up there.

What I have learned from having the liner out and driving around is it absorbs a huge amount of noise. So consider this when you are putting whatever you want back in.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
I used garage floor paint (white). I used up a whole gallon, probably 5 or 6 coats. Came out pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.