Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JesusIsLord
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with their headliners? I just picked up a '99 Discovery and noticed today that the headliner is sagging in sections. Is there a kit to replace it or should I just resolve myself to visit the local headliner shop...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
For what it's worth, I had a little headliner sag by the driver's side front (edge hanging down, very not cool). I tried some old arts-and-crafts spray-on adhesive (maybe it was 'photo mount'?) and couldn't be happier with the result.

Might wanna do it before retiring for the evening, so the scent disperses. And then plan on windows open for the first drive.

Also, some of the foam seems to come down with the headliner, so if you're talking about replacing vast reams of headliner, might wanna test or check to see what's going on with the foam underneath. (Mine was just a small area so glued back with no problem.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
I will have to give that a try. On the passenger side I noticed the same problem. I have no idea how long it has been sagging but noticed when I opened the sun roof... I really should look around the car more!

I have a 98 Land Rover disco... Texas is warm!
 

·
JesusIsLord
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlackAndTan said:
For what it's worth, I had a little headliner sag by the driver's side front (edge hanging down, very not cool). I tried some old arts-and-crafts spray-on adhesive (maybe it was 'photo mount'?) and couldn't be happier with the result..
How did you get to the sag part? Did you have to remove the headliner to get behind the fabric?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
9dawgs said:
How did you get to the sag part? Did you have to remove the headliner to get behind the fabric?
The heat and wind will cause the headliner to sag.

Your best bet is to remove the headliner, remove the fabric carefully, clean off the sticky stuff and re-spray it using 3M adhesive (like rov'n mentioned).

Removing the headliner takes less than 30 mins.

Good luck
 

·
JesusIsLord
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John C said:
The heat and wind will cause the headliner to sag.

Your best bet is to remove the headliner, remove the fabric carefully, clean off the sticky stuff and re-spray it using 3M adhesive (like rov'n mentioned).

Removing the headliner takes less than 30 mins.

Good luck
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check into it this weekend if the Hurricane doesn't steer our way. :buttrock:

I'll let you know how it works out. BTW, what did you use to clean off the sticky stuff?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top