Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a pretty rough night as far as rain and today has been no better in NYC. I went out this morning to take my baby to music class and on the way home I noticed a drop of water fall from the the top corner of the plastic panel that is by the windshield. At first I tought it was just rain that had gotten in when I was getting in to the car but then another drop fell. I looked good and the headliner is SOAKED!!!! by both front doors, if I run my finger through it I can get a good amount of water to come down.....

wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what the fix is, I am taking the car in this week for the 30k schedule maintanance so I will have them look at this as well......

btw this is a 03 disco

thanks
Juan

· Registered
444 Posts
i had that problem in my 01 one time and had the windshield replaced the next afternoon! Hasn't happened since, they told me that something had made a hole in the weather stripping!

· Registered
1,744 Posts
As it seems to be around both your front doors it's possible that it's a windscreen problem, however, another likely place that this can occur is if the alpine window is leaking. What happens is that the water will track along the inside of the headliner and make it's appearance at the A pillars.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think it the alpine windows because the liner is not wet anywhere else but by the front doors, I was looking good at the windshield and it seems to me that the window sits lower than were it is getting wet.......

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update...

today the whole front of headliner is soaked from a pillar to a pillar about 6" across, I did not drive the car since yestereday and was parked in my driveway slanted down towards the rear.....

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Sounds like a warranty claim to me!

Get a new headliner while you're at it since I can guarantee it is going to start saging now and it will be water stained when it dries out. Maybe your roof rail mounting points are leaking?

· Registered
47 Posts
luck would have it....

OKAY...so reading these forums...i thought i was really lucky that i didn't have any of these problems with my disco.

after days of monsoon-like rain in connecticut, i got into my disco this AM to drive to work and noticed a few drops on my dash and radio...

i just thought that i'd brought some water in with me on my sleeve or something...but now, when i make left or right turns...it seems as though water is leaking in right above my rearview mirror.

WTF!?!?!? :mad:

thank god tomorrow is my 45,000mi. service...i have a whole list of small gripes to go along with this...i thought i was doing so well!

anything i should expect to go wrong in the next 5-15k miles?
i need to buy the extended warranty. it's a 2002 disco se. btw..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.