Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up regarding using a non LR purge valve -- make sure it is "genuine" Hyundai

There are a lot of posts out there about using an "equivalent" hyundai spec'ed purge valve in place of the 10x (or more) costly LR genuine part.

Here's my experience once my LR D2 threw a P0441 code (purge valve).

In my haste to get it fixed, I looked up the Hyundai part, found that my local autozone had a one with the same product number in stock for $40 and ran down to the store and bought it (a Dorman as I recall)

After swapping it out, the code came right back and you could hear the valve clicking on and off several times a second occasionally (sort of sounded like a cricket).

So I ordered a "genuine" hyundai part from Amazon (it has the Hyndai logo embossed on it) for $24, swapped out the generic equivalent and no problems so far.

Anyhow just wanted to share that experience and hopefully save someone from having to do the swap out twice.

· Registered
3 Posts
what part number do we need?

There are a lot of posts out there about using an "equivalent" hyundai spec'ed purge valve in place of the 10x (or more) costly LR genuine part.

Here's my experience once my LR D2 threw a P0441 code (purge valve).

In my haste to get it fixed, I looked up the Hyundai part, found that my local autozone had a one with the same product number in stock for $40 and ran down to the store and bought it (a Dorman as I recall)

After swapping it out, the code came right back and you could hear the valve clicking on and off several times a second occasionally (sort of sounded like a cricket).

So I ordered a "genuine" hyundai part from Amazon (it has the Hyndai logo embossed on it) for $24, swapped out the generic equivalent and no problems so far.

Anyhow just wanted to share that experience and hopefully save someone from having to do the swap out twice.
Do you have the Hyundai part number or,...a year and model Hyundai that it would fit?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.