Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It breaks my heart to do this, but I have no choice...Repairs are too much for me to bare so thought I'd see if I can find a new home for my cherished Disco II before selling her for scrap...

She's currently at my local Land Rover dealer. They've done all the work on her for the past 10+ years and I have all the paperwork including costs ect to prove it. Even have all the oil-change receipts. This past weekend it seems she's taken her last breath. Long-story-short, gasket head blew.

The engine has a new block and was rebuilt in 2007. When this was done, she only had 67K miles and currently at 94k. Strange thing is the engine never over-heated before the gasket blew. Was just driving and suddenly started to lose power. Stopped for gas, and when I started her up again, a huge plume of smoke came from the exhaust and I immediately shut off the engine. Never turned her back on afterwards and had her towed directly to the dealer. She has the Amigos problem, but was told that this would be fixed via a new front hub. Other than that, everything else is fine. Air-conditioning, heat, ect still work. Electrical is all fine. She's been kept in a garage so cosmetically, she's still a looker...Silver color, gray leather interior, heated seats, no sunroof, original harman kardon premium audio system with cassette and 6 disc CD player. Even passed emissions test a few months back.

I know this is going to sound silly, but it feels like I lost a member of my family and I'm heartbroken...I've been through a lot with this car and was hoping, maybe, just maybe there's still a chance someone could salvage her before I have no choice but sell to the junk yard...

I'm open to any offers...The most the junk dealers so far would offer me is $330 and free tow.

Feel free to message me and I'll send pics and try to answer any questions.

Thanks for reading this.:crying

·
1,854 Posts
Either do the heads with an indy land rover shop or try a stop leak product in a small blue bottle that Atlantic British sells. I used it on my Discovery 2 and it worked for 2 years without any issues. I also had bypassed throttle heater so it never clogged that up.
or up grade to an LR3 like I did.
Dave

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
message sent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.