Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just got my rover back from the shop from doing a heater core/blower motor installation.....upon getting the rover I noticed my radio does not work....reason being is that I do not have the brown loom....also after inspection I also noticed that my black connector for the sub/ main plug has been severed .....in this case what do I do?

· 1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LAclassic: Thanks for the advise.... I did go back and ask them about this and they told me it was like that when i brought it in.....I really cant fight it because i dont know wht condition the wires were in from the first place but after speaking with a good friend I realised that the brown loom, in the 93 RRC, is an empty space and when I plugged up the radio to the corresponding places the radio came on....now part two to the problem is the radio code that I was given was the right code for the Vin on the "new" radio but it will not work....I then called the place where i purchased the radio and I was told the vin that was on the radio was not the original vin to that particular truck....so basically they have a vin from a 1999 disco 1 but the actual vin to the radio may have come off of a 1996 disco or RRC....they have sent a replacement...waiting to get it...hope this works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.