Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I've read about the issues with no heat in some cars, but in my '04 D2 I'm having a really strange one: the heat works on the passenger vents but cold air blows from the driver side vents. And yes....I have cranked up the temp to max on both sides via the dual climate controls. But nothing seems to get hot air for driver side. Any insight ?

Attachments

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
If it is the same as my 2000 and my 2001 there are separate blend doors for each side to vary the temperature. Could be a door actuator?
Check the rave manual or workshop manual should lead you through how to test it

· Registered
380 Posts
I second the blend doors, I just replaced one of my moms car. Twas a royal PITA on her freaking Buick. Might be easier on the Disco as everything seems easier on these trucks, maybe a little more fixes though weighs out them being easy.

· Registered
2 Posts
ok so I've read about the issues with no heat in some cars, but in my '04 D2 I'm having a really strange one: the heat works on the passenger vents but cold air blows from the driver side vents. And yes....I have cranked up the temp to max on both sides via the dual climate controls. But nothing seems to get hot air for driver side. Any insight ?
Hi there did you ever find a fix to this heat problem?

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Click on the OP's name to see when was he last time seen on this forum

· Registered
19 Posts
Having the same issue on AC...thinking it may carry over to heat too, not sure yet. Intermittently, on my O3 D2. Driver side is cool, I figured there were doors. Wasn't sure if on vacuum or electric. But thanks for presenting this "actuator" scenario, pretty common in all vehicles of age I am thinking. But it's good to hear you guys on these forums. Thanks man and I can't see nsne now but next post too that supports this opinion too. Appreciate y'all.

(Warning! TMI: My 99 Volvo S70 had a 'blend door' issue. Then the PCV system problem blew Cam seals and bunch more, never needed to repair the blend door then. Also, had a--way back there--avocado green 73 Ford Pinto station wagon that had a problem on heat/cool door, This one was mechanical.

· very disco
3,025 Posts
On these trucks it’s common for the heater core to get clogged with sediment and scale. This prevents the entire core from heating, and the air that is forced over the cold part of the heater core comes out of the driver’s side of the dash.

· Registered
2 Posts
My heating is off yet hot air is coming from passenger side

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.