Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, i got a problem with the heater in my 89 v8 classic, i get a wierd 'surging'of water noise that sounds like its in the heater and happens on start up and regularly during driving and no heat atall. ive tried all obvious things but noluck. any help would be appreciated.thanks speerzie. :complain:

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice guys, :buttrock: i filled the system from top filler and got alot of fluid in. the 'surging' has calmed down but im only getting a tiny amount of 'just warm air' on hottest setting of heater. however the engine dosent seem to get very hot either, the guage stops well before half way. could there be no thermostat in? i am new to rangies and dont know what is 'normal' running.also how easy is it to fit new hydraulic tappets as they are noisy and worse the hotter it gets, ive priced the parts and cant beleive how cheap they are!(im used to bmw prices :bawling: )is it worth doing the pushrods as a matter of course?ty again speerzie.

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
It is a good chance that you have no thermostat.
I would also expect that something could be clogged. Perish the thought but you need to beaware of it.
My 93LWB runs right in the middle and I have had a clogged radiator (twice) and a blown head gasket for some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.