Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those utilizing the Heated Front Windshield on DII models.

My front windshield is not heating up properly. I would like to know how many of you are using it and how long does the button stay on when you select the winshield to heat? It only stays on for about 5 minutes, is this normal?

The rear-defroster seems to be working fine and it stays turned on until I select it to turn it off.

I took my DII to local LR Dealer in Buffalo, NY and they said that Front Windshield is working fine but I don't believe them. I have extended warranty from LR dealer and I don't think they want to repair it.

Thanks,

Hugo

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
hugodiscoII said:
I have a question for those utilizing the Heated Front Windshield on DII models.

My front windshield is not heating up properly. I would like to know how many of you are using it and how long does the button stay on when you select the winshield to heat? It only stays on for about 5 minutes, is this normal?

The rear-defroster seems to be working fine and it stays turned on until I select it to turn it off.

I took my DII to local LR Dealer in Buffalo, NY and they said that Front Windshield is working fine but I don't believe them. I have extended warranty from LR dealer and I don't think they want to repair it.

Thanks,

Hugo

Ive got an 01' DII and that sounds about right.....something like 5 mins. Its normal, not broken.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I wasn't sure that there was a time limitation. This helps me isolate my next problem.

I will take it back to LR again. The driver's side windshield area is not defrosting properly. I keep getting un-defrosted areas in my windshield.

Thanks again,

Hugo

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have the heated windshield in the Range Rover. Again, it shuts off after 5 minutes (read owners manual). The way it operates is half of the defrosting lines operate first, then the other half operate last. The windshield takes lots of power, that's why it does it this way. It tends to be a little erratic in the way it operates, sometimes not defrosting everything. I just push the button again. The windshield in the Range Rover has been replaced 4 times due to stone chips, so I know how it operates when its brand-new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.